Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Catch up time!!!

Wow, I have heard from so many of you already about this blog! I hope I don't fizzle in a week or two!!! You guys can't make me do all the talking though! Under each post there is a comment section, so please comment or I will think I am blogging all to myself!!
It occurred to me reading some of your emails that before I am silenced on "Wordless Wednesday" I might better bridge the last entry I did 9 months ago on Jack's webpage and what is going on today! I guess if I sent out a Christmas letter I could just copy and paste that but since I didn't, and didn't even MAIL the Christmas photo cards I did buy maybe I should start with an apology for that.
Thank you for all your beautiful Christmas cards and sharing pictures of your children! Despite the fact we are now homeschooling Katie and took the month of December off to have those kumbaya moments of the holiday season we all dream about – I didn’t even manage to mail the photos cards we had made at Walgreens! They were cute though; maybe I will send them out in June to surprise everyone!

So, what have we been doing for the past 9 months? Well, probably the biggest change is we are homeschooling Katie. Even though I knew people who homeschooled, I would always say “I could never do that!” but the Lord has a sense of humor and I knew this is what He was calling us to do. We started last summer, have tried out lots of curriculum and are slowly finding our grove. Katie was able to finish 4th grade before Christmas so she is doing Switched on Schoolhouse 5th grade in addition to going to Masters and doing some side curriculum that works well for her. Since my goal is to capture her heart and raise a child who will one day serve God, not rush her through grades as quickly as possible, her being a grade ahead is giving us a chance to do a lot of “extra” things along with the standard 5 subjects she has on SOS. Recently I went with some friends to hear Masters Executive Director speak about homeschooling “Beginning with the end in mind”. She had some incredible comments – I will have to dig out my notes but that’s for a later date! 

Let’s see, why don’t I go through the fam and update you that way.

Jack turned 2 the end of October and is a little sweetie! He has the funniest expressions you have ever seen and totally cracks me up! He talks constantly and slowly we are actually starting to understand what those full paragraphs mean! He loves Thomas the Tank Engine and most nights sleeps with one clutched in each hand! He adores Katie and whenever he wakes up, he will call up for me. If I don’t come after the first few times, he switches over to “K-eee, K-eee”. I baby-sit a 2 ½ boy during the school year, who is also named Thomas (which can be incredibly confusing – does Jack want Thomas the train or Thomas the boy???) and they love to play trains together. Tuesday mornings Katie goes to Masters Academy and Jack & Thomas will play for hours without a peep! Totally makes me wish I could have another one!

Katie turned 10 in Nov, 5 days after Jack turned 2, and is the best big sister ever! She is a wonderful help with him and while she wants to be a worship leader when she grows up, she has recently started saying she wants to be a mom more!  She is playing basketball for the first time this year and really seems to like it! She wasn’t sure if she wanted to do softball again because it is so much – practices 4 or 5 times a week but we found a church that has a league where it is just 1 or 2 nights a week so I think we are going to try that. She is also interested in playing soccer so we might try to get in some soccer camps this summer and try that out!

Larry is working for a company called D&N Electric as a project manager. He seems to really like it. He recently was elected as a deacon at church and is heading up the Men’s Ministry so between that and work, he stays pretty busy!

Me ! I turned 36 in December so now I am officially in the 36-49 year old category! Basically, I spend my days teaching Katie, taking care of Jack and Thomas and just holding the fort down here!
Between taking care of the kids and church, that’s all I really have time for right now!

Well, I think that’s it! Nothing earth shattering! We are hoping to sell our house this year and move closer to church so pray about that! If I left anything out, just ask!! 

No comments: